Total Pageviews

February 09, 2013

Bats at an Aquarium?


Bats and sloths can be found at the Long Island Aquarium

I am an aquarium nerd; my dream being to visit every aquarium that exists in the world.  You never know what they have on exhibit, and the surprises are wonderful.  Take for example my recent trip to the Long Island Aquarium.  I had no idea that they were going to have the Flamboyant Cuttlefish, three in fact that were born in captivity (third generation!).  I was super impressed; I stared at them, mesmerized, for quite some time.  

The cuttlefish is my favorite fish at the moment, last year it was the Nudibranch family of sea creatures.  They include sea cucumbers, sea slugs, and sea angels.  In a wonderful assortment of colors, from leopard stripes to bright pinks, some wearing flowers on the outside of their bodies.  Again, the sea never ceases to amaze me.  Yes, I am a scuba diver, but have not gone in quite some time.



No comments: