Total Pageviews

February 16, 2018

Sing for Hope, piano artistry at play

I am one of the selected artists chosen to paint a donated piano for Sing for Hope. A wonderful program that has artists painting pianos, they are then placed in a park in NYC for the month of June, picked up and returned to be tuned, and then finally donated to a school in need.





Taken apart, sanded, primed in white and then painted black, my background of choice. 50 pianos were donated this year. It feels very strange to paint over a beautiful wooden piano, but paint I must. I love watching the progress around me from the other artists. So far I have only seen four or five artists when I am there.  We have three months to complete the piano, I feeling on schedule so far!I hope I did not just jinx myself!

No comments: